View Profile Ioplop

1 Movie Review

I love how, at first, it's the house the one wich blinks. Then, the house stops (the family goes to sleep or something), and the moon and stars start blinking as if they were answering to the sounds from the house. It's so calm, I really like it =)

Noisysundae responds:

That's the story of it. I think of it like someone has wound up a music box and go to sleep. :)

4 Game Reviews

The graphics and animations look really nice.
I would love to see a finished version of something like this. I really like the atmosphere.
Now, I think the details are what separates a decent game from a really good game. Here are some things I think you should fix/improve, excluding obvious things that are not here for, again, obvious reasons, such as more enemy types, items, abilities or an inventory.

-As stated before, the elevator needs some rework, as it tends to glitch a lot.

-The attack movement seems to create some sort of collider that allows the character to climb walls or ramps by attacking. This needs fixing as it both breaks the inmersion and could potentially allow the player to do some exploits on more complex scenarios. For some odd reason, this only happens on what I believe is the last wall to the bottom left.

-The enemy corpses seem to have a small collider even after dying. I can see the use of this, as it allows them to "fall on the floor" on certain random circumtances, but they should not collide with the player, as you can drag the corpse around in a way that looks pretty bad, specially when you are both pushing the head AND the body, which should be separated.

-There seems to be no falling animation. Or at least not a clear one. Probably fix.. I'm not sure? It seems like it uses the same animation as dodging, but this doesn't really look good when falling straight down.

-The floor is on top of the character. Or rather, it is drawn on top. This shouldn't be noticeable on normal conditions, but as soon as you go up or down a ramp, you can see that the player looks as if in between the background wall and the floor. It just looks very bad.

-You can move the enemy bodies with the arrow keys, enhancing their movement speed or preventing them from moving... You can even drag their corpses after you kill them! wtf? >.<

-When starting, you can move to the left, and even attack or dodge, making the kinght glitch a lot as it tries to move right at the same time. You should probably disable the controls when this kind of animation plays.

-If you manage to make the elevator go down without you, the chain from which it hangs eventually runs short and dissapears. This happened to me on the last elevator.

-If you, then, jump down, appart from not taking fall damage (which is not necesarily bad), the camera takes a lot of time to catch up. When you are about to get out of the screen, the camera should catch up by increasing it's speed a lot more, so this doesn't happen.

-It is possible to cause a glitch that will disable the ability to dodge... somehow. It may have something to do with the elevators... I'm not sure, but it has happened to me 3 times already.

Overall, nice atmosphere (which looks like some sort of pixel dark souls maybe?), nice art.
The game still has a lot of glitches that need to be worked on, but if there weren't, I would rate this at least a 4, depending on how much content there is.
Honestly, I've tried to make 2d pixel art side scroller games, specifically in unity, and I know it takes a lot of experimentation and determination to make things looks crisp. In my opinion, this game has already a lot of potentential. I really want to see you finish the project.

I hope this review is as helpful as possible.
Have a good day, and keep the good work!

ErikSwahn responds:

It makes me happy to hear that you spend some time in the demo. Every flaw you mentioned is going to be fixed, especially that you can move the enemies with the arrow keys. Totally missed that behavior. I already have plans for expanding the game. But first I need to polish ^^

I belive this game has potential. It would be nice to see not only different kind of weapons, but also different kind of shields and armors. For example, you could have an S-Class ship wich has special shields tecnology, wich allows you to equip better shields than other usual ships, but can't use missiles and has low armor.
Weapons could have different ranges, for example, a powerful bomb wich has short range but causes a lot of damage to armour and medium damage to shields. Or a laser with infinite range wich causes almost nothing damage to shield and medium damage to armour.
Shields could have special abilities, like, for example, one could regenerate a lot each turn, but reset each turn, while other one could regenerate less each turn without "reseting" wich would allow to accumulate your shields strenght up to a limit.
There should be two or three different kind of ammunition. For example, you could have "missiles", wich are used for bombs and missiles; "bullets" wich are used for machine guns or something, and "energy", wich is recharged every turn and is used for lasers AND shields.
That gives me the idea of a ship called like "The Destroyer" wich would have no shields, but a perk wich would allow the ship to produce its own "low quality" bullets or missiles. Also, it would have an extra high armour and the ability to repair it very slowly.
I don't know, it sounds kind of complex, but if you could do that, something very good could appear.
Good luck! :)

After 118 fails, I came to a conclusion... I love this game.
Lvl 60 and the end are just great. So great that I had to play the games 4 times :O
I really recomend this game to every one here in newgrounds :P

11 Audio Reviews

Woah, ┬┐what can I say? To hear your first tracks and then come here and hear this is quite impressive, dude, you have improved a lot. Even though the song may be a little repetitive, it was, at least for me, very confortable to hear. That means nothing sounded too strange, too loud, or too silent, or anything I would generally call "bad". I may actually download this and put it like, in my electronic music playlist which I hear when on the metro ^.^
I personally liked the song in general: the mixing, effects, and all, I guess.
I would have liked to hear a more marked, clear, or varied melody.
So, I guess I've finally paid my debt (?)
Have a good day :)

Orboscar responds:

Thank you! I appreciate your comment. I think I have improved and even more since this track... maybe you could check out my new preview? I'll publish it right now under the name "ID"

Thanks again & have a nice day :)

- I don't think this sounds like a chiptune, but instead like a "Chiptune-like" song. The percussion and the "piano" sounds... A little bit more sophisticated. I say that because of the "[ 8-bit edition ]" part of the title.
- The intro is alright (though, just as a detail, I think at second 12, you could have made the first e note stop a little bit earlier, so that you can hear that those are actually two notes).
- Then, the piano starts playing, and I like it. Just after it, another lead starts at second 45, and I feel that the song loses strength right there, because the lead is left almost alone, with little percussion and a strange bass. Immediately, at second 58, that awkward feelings disappears as the background synths and the percussion reappears.
- 1:35 ==> 1:40 great ^.^
-At 2:01, that long A and F# are asking its creator to put some vibrato in them. Really, they need it. Same goes for F# at 2:10.
-The end is good. I would have added maybe some kind of arpeggio from high to low notes to finish it, but I like it as it is as well.

Overall, good song, but has some relatively easy to solve problems which cause it to sound "not that good" overall. That, of course, doesn't mean it sounds bat at all. In fact, it's much better than my songs lol.

I saw you were skipped again in the R4R forums, so I thought I'd leave you a review so everyone is happy. ^.^

Teckmo-X responds:

Yeah see I was trying my best with this song and I knew it wasn't gonna be perfect. I have the tendency to listen to my music on repeat to try and get a feel of things and I had to rerender this song quite a few times before finalizing it. I did want to put up more towards the ending and zi wanted to also give the bass more feel but it was becoming a bit of a confusing problem so I tried the best I could. Overall its still not all that bad. Thank you

Not sure what to say about the first. I think it's allright, but it's just not my style.

The second one requires tons of work. It kinda sounds... ┬┐Empty?

Even though the mixing isn't as good in the third, It is the track that I like the most, so I'd rather see you finish that one first. I'd expect you to add more melodies into this one, or it would sound too monotone.

GGMiXsiMusic responds:

Thanks for your vote!

It's 4v2v1 now!

Also, i added a melody for the first one.

1 Art Review

Beautiful ^.^
The color palette adds a dark feeling which reminds me of some scenarios from Hyper Light Drifter.
I love the detailed background, but I felt like it didn't contrast that well with the monochrome, low detail moon. Still, I like this very much, well done.

Hello people. I like listening to new music, and sometimes upload my own songs, although I'm pretty much a n00b at composing music. I usually come here to listen to new songs, but also watch animations and art, which I love too.

23, Male